Back in school and teaching Entrepreneurial Lawyering at Michigan State University College of Law. U.S. Labor holiday – the traditional marker of the end of summer – now past. Thought it might be a good time to reflect on my summer.
You’ll be hearing more about the two books I wrote over the summer in the next few weeks, so I’ll hold off on those. For a preview of one of the books, you can download a free PDF of my “57 Tips for Successful Innovation Outcomes in Law.” HINT: One of my books just might have something to do with this topic.
And many of you have heard about – and responded favorably – to my announcement of my Legal Innovation as a Service offering.
In this post, I wanted to highlight my summer of podcasts, including both The Kennedy-Mighell Report episodes and three recent podcast interviews. I find myself liking just being on a podcast as a guest from time to time, with no responsibility other than to answer questions someone else has to think up, instead of me (or Tom Mighell, of course). I’d be happy to consider a guest spot on your podcast.
In roughly reverse chronological order, here are my podcasts of the summer of 2019.
- Ringler Radio – “Legal Technology and the Structured Settlement Industry” Dennis Kennedy talks about the importance of legal technology, reducing costs, and use of video and tech for dispute resolution and mediation. NOTE: Expect a video version of this podcast to appear in the near future.
- The Kennedy-Mighell Report – “The Coming of the 5G Networking Standard” Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell discuss what lawyers need to know about the current state of 5G technology.
- The Lean Law Firm Podcast – “Ep 45- Dennis Kennedy and Legal Innovation as a Service” This week on the Lean Law Firm Podcast, Larry Port and Dave Maxfield speak with consultant/author/speaker (and all-around legal technology celebrity) Dennis Kennedy. Dennis helps forward-looking legal organizations improve their innovation efforts and has pioneered the idea of Legal Innovation as a Service (LIaaS). Learn more about LIaaS and you can benefit (and possibly profit) from this service. Don’t miss this eye-opening episode!
- The Kennedy-Mighell Report – “The Unconference—A Viable Conference Alternative?” Dennis Kennedy & Tom Mighell discuss the pros and cons of unconferences and whether they could replace traditional conference structures.
- The Kennedy-Mighell Report – “The Rewarding Practice of Personal Quarterly Off-Sites” Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell explore the benefits of implementing personal quarterly off-sites.
- The Kennedy-Mighell Report – “Exploring Mary Meeker’s 2019 Internet Trends Report” Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell explore the 2019 Internet Trends report created by venture capitalist Mary Meeker.
- FLAUNT! podcast with Lora Cheadle – The Impact of Legal Technology on the Legal Profession
- The Kennedy-Mighell Report – “The Essential Summer Reading List: Best Beach Reads for Lawyers” Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell’s share their summer reading lists, discuss thoughts on how reading is changing and whether it’s affects the reader’s experience (i.e. digital, audio, or paper).
- The Kennedy-Mighell Report – “Deep Fakes: Preparing Lawyers to Combat Counterfeits” Fake photos, fake video, and fake audio, how the deep fake phenomenon impacts the practice of law.
- The Kennedy-Mighell Report – “Taking Back Control: Managing Your Tech Addiction the Smart Way” Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell share their thoughts on why a tech detox, even just for the duration of a vacation, is overkill compared to addressing the problem with digital mindfulness.
- The Kennedy-Mighell Report – “A Global Legal Tech Space: Aiming for a Truly Collaborative Online Community” Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell offer their ideas for bringing the legal tech community together in a collaborative online space.
Lots of good podcast episodes this summer. Whether you are a longtime listener or a first-time podcast listener, I’m sure you’ll find something you’ll like or that will challenge you to think in new ways. Enjoy!
[Originally posted on DennisKennedy.Blog (https://www.denniskennedy.com/blog/)]
DennisKennedy.Blog is now part of the LexBlog network.
LinkedIn Profile. Also, see LinkedIn showcase page for Dennis Kennedy’s books.
Follow my microblog on Twitter – @dkennedyblog. Follow me – @denniskennedy
Download my FREE “57 Tips for Successful Innovation Outcomes in Law” (PDF).
The second edition of The Lawyer’s Guide to Collaboration Tools and Technologies: Smart Ways to Work Together, by Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell.