Mark Smolik, chief legal officer at DHL Supply Chain Americas, will be the keynote speaker on the second day of the Knowledge Management & Innovation for Legal Conference taking place in New York City Oct. 12 and 13.
In his talk, “Winning Strategies for Winning New Business: Insights on Innovation from a Chief Legal Officer,” he will share his insights on how embracing innovation and effective knowledge management can drive new business. Drawing from his experience at the intersection of law and corporate strategy, he will outline actionable steps to gain a competitive edge.
Smolik will also join a Friday plenary session, “Client-First Strategies: Using KM & Innovation for Business & Client Development,” which will also feature Evan Shenkman, chief knowledge and innovation officer at Fisher Phillips, and Anand Upadhye, founder of Modern Legal Strategies.
Alliston’s keynote, “Leading through Change, Complexity and Disruption,” will explore how visionary leaders navigate through significant changes, manage complexities, and confront uncertainty head-on. Her talk will include actual case studies, including a document management system project and a KM strategy initiative.
As I previously wrote here, this new two-day conference is devoted to knowledge management and innovation in the legal profession. It is being organized by Patrick DiDomenico, president and founder of InspireKM Consulting and former head of innovation and knowledge management at multiple law firms, and Joshua Fireman, president and founder of the strategic consulting firm Fireman & Company, an Epiq company.
It will include two keynote sessions, nine plenary sessions, five breakout sessions, and seven hours of networking.
[LawSites is a media partner for this event, and I will be onsite recording interviews for my LawNext podcast.]
In addition to the plenary session described above, eight other sessions span a variety of KM and innovation topics:
- Green Eggs and KM: Building a Firm-Wide KM Program From the Ground Up.
- Inside Innovation: Views From a Law Firm and In-House Legal Department.
- Getting Buy-In for Process Automation and Legal Tech Adoption.
- Building the Legal Practice of the Future: The Transformation of Gunderson’s Employment & Labor Group.
- No Hallucinations: Firms Share Actual AI Implementations.
- Help Me Help You: Becoming an Ideal Client for Your Vendors.
- Changing the Game: Lessons in Innovation from an American Classic.
- Smooth Transitions: Ensuring Effective Succession Planning In KM & Innovation Leadership.
There will also be five breakout sessions:
- C-Suite Roundtable.
- KM & Innovation 101 Roundtable.
- KM Attorney Roundtable.
- User Experience Roundtable.
- Practical Project Management Roundtable
Leading these various sessions is a line-up of speakers that includes a who’s who of innovation and KM leaders from leading law firms, as well as practicing attorneys, company founders and independent consultants.
Registration Discount for LawSites Readers
LawSites is a media partner for the conference, which means I am able to offer readers a 15% discount off the cost of registration.
To take advantage of this discount, use the code LAWSITES15.