Fastcase is hiring a part-time, home based Legal Analyst to assist with the development of a new citator service that will assist researchers in determining the current state of the law. Experience in reading judicial decisions and comprehending legal language and analysis is a must.
This is a part-time position not to exceed 20 hours per week. Hours are flexible, but the initial training period will require daily on-line meetings.
The ideal part-time legal analyst will have:
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills as applied to federal and state appellate judicial opinions.
- Experience reading and analyzing federal and state court cases specifically, the ability to identify how the current court decision treats prior case law.
- A computer and smart phone and internet connection is required to perform the work.
- Basic familiarity with spreadsheets.
- Comfort working within a proprietary user interface to apply treatments to case citations.
- The ability to manage and organize their time efficiently.
- JD required.
- Washington, D.C. or Charlottesville, Va. location strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience with legal writing and the legal publishing industry is preferred.
- Military veterans encouraged to apply. Fastcase is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a legal research company founded in 1999 to democratize the law and to make legal research smarter. We work with citation analysis, data visualization, and big data to uncover hidden relationships in the law, and we build powerful, beautiful tools for legal research. More than 1.1 million legal professionals have subscription access to Fastcase, with more subscribing every day. We’re a small, growing team doing great, important, disruptive work — with the soul of a startup and the stability of a profitable, established business.
How to apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com.