Top stories this week include more layoffs in legal tech as Epiq, suffering the double blow of a ransomware attack and the pandemic is reported to let go as many as 200. Also in the news, cutbacks at other legal tech companies, a report on the state of legaltech Down Under, Fastcase says its taking a bigger cut of the BigLaw market, former Atrium lawyers land at a law firm, case management company Filevine makes its first acquisition, and Wolters Kluwer releases a comprehensive free resource on COVID-19 laws. Our guest this week is Ron Friedmann, author of the blog Strategic Legal Technology, who discusses Fastcase’s move into BigLaw and the state of investment in legal tech.
Epiq layoffs (1:57):
Cuts at Elevate, Reynen Court (2:30):
Global Legal Tech Report (2:51):
- First in Series of Global Legal Tech Reports Finds Good and Bad in Australia.
- Global Legal Tech Report.
- Atrium, $75M Company that Vowed to ‘Revolutionize’ Law, Shuts Down.
- Crowell & Moring Acquires Core Atrium Senior Legal Team.
Wolters Kluwer (4:56):
- Wolters Kluwer Releases Comprehensive Free Resource for Navigating Federal and State COVID-19 Laws.
- Free and Powerful: Wolters Kluwer Launches Suite of COVID-19 Smart Charts Outside the Paywall.
- Wolters Kluwer COVID-19 Smart Chart.
Guest Conversation (5:31):