With the Nov. 1 deadline for submissions fast approaching, I am thrilled to announce the stellar line-up of judges for the inaugural LexBlog Excellence Awards, which will honor exemplary writing on legal blogs.
As I explained in a post announcing the awards, these awards are unlike other “best blog” awards. Rather than focus on the blog as a whole, ours are intended to recognize individual blog posts. We want to celebrate and recognize great writing on legal blogs by shining a spotlight on the best examples.
To help us select the winners, we have assembled a panel of five judges who are among the legal industry’s leading experts in writing and blogs. They are:
|Ivy Grey, lawyer, writer and director of business strategy at WordRake.
|Amy Howe, cofounder, SCOTUSBlog.
|Colin S. Levy, blogger on legal innovation and corporate counsel at Salary.com.
|Molly McDonough, former editor and publisher, ABA Journal.
|Gina Passarella, editor-in-chief of The American Lawyer and editor-in-chief, Global Legal Brands, at ALM Media.
There is still time to enter. Awards will honor outstanding posts in six categories:
- Best News or Trend Analysis: For outstanding analysis of legal news, developments or trends.
- Best Legal Analysis: For outstanding analysis and explication of a judicial opinion, legislative development or regulatory development.
- Best Breaking News Post: For outstanding same-day or second-day reporting of a legal news development.
- Best Explanatory Post: For outstanding writing in helping the reader comprehend the impact or significance of a legal story, development or trend.
- Best ‘How-To’ Post: For outstanding writing in helping the reader understand how to handle a legal matter or issue.
- Best Commentary/Advice for Legal Professionals: For outstanding writing offering commentary or advice for legal professionals on the business or practice of law.
To enter, fill out the form at this page.
Remember, the deadline is this Friday, Nov. 1, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.