Part Time Customer Service Representative
Fastcase is the leading next-generation legal research service that puts a comprehensive national law library and powerful searching, sorting, and data visualization tools at attorneys’ fingertips. A D.C. based information technology company founded in 1999, Fastcase is one of the fastest-growing legal research information solutions services in the United States servicing American law firms, in-house counsel, law schools, and government sectors.
Do you enjoy helping people find the information they need? Do you enjoy making connections with people? Do you enjoy advocating on behalf of people and sharing their experiences to encourage change? Do you enjoy projects that tap into skills and interests that are not part of your day-to-day job? Then you are our ideal, forward-thinking candidate who will bring our team to the next level of customer service excellence.
We are looking to hire 20 to 25 hours a week and the role has the opportunity to move to a full-time position as our company grows.
- Assisting researchers in all 50 states in using the Fastcase research platforms – Fastcase, Casemaker, Docket Alarm
- Assisting users with technical assistance to enable them to complete their research needs.
- Presenting to diverse audiences, including via webinar and in person.
- Travel may be required for in person events, candidates not willing to travel should not apply.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on ways to engage and inform customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. A customer reply email sample will be required.
- Excellent time management skills to balance day-to-day responsibilities and participate in special projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Experience and ability to document key points of user interactions in Salesforce/CRM tool for macro reporting purposes of why users contact customer success. This informs prioritization within other teams.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer support/success role with email, live chat, and phone experience.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills experience
- Advanced computer skills knowledge
- Worked in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Resides in the Charlottesville, VA or Washington, DC area, when necessary, able to commute to our other offices and partner locations, which requires a willingness and ability to travel by all methods, including the ability to drive oneself
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs for conference travel with any necessary accommodations
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.