Fastcase is the leading next-generation legal research service that puts a comprehensive national law library and powerful searching, sorting, and data visualization tools at attorneys’ fingertips. A D.C.-based information technology company founded in 1999, Fastcase is one of the fastest-growing legal research information solutions services in the United States servicing American law firms, in-house counsel, law schools, and government sectors.
Do you enjoy teaching and helping people find the information they need? Do you enjoy making connections with people? Do you enjoy projects that tap into skills and interests that are not part of your day-to-day job? Then you are our ideal, forward-serving candidate who will bring our team to the next level of customer service excellence.
- Assisting researchers and Customer Service team in all 50 states in using the Fastcase research platforms – Fastcase, Docket Alarm
- Assisting users with technical assistance to enable them to complete their research needs.
- Presenting to diverse tech-capable audiences, including via webinar and in person.
- Traveling to visit key customers around the United States and handling in-person platform trainings and onboarding, specifically top 500 firms and attorney bar conferences.
- Facilitate weekly CLE presentations virtually through tools like GoToWebinar, Zoom, Teams, or other presentation platforms.
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing on ways to engage and inform customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. A customer reply email sample will be required as well as a training video on a website or legal research platform of your choice.
- Excellent time management skills to balance day-to-day responsibilities and participate in special projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability and have a willingness to handle and prioritize simultaneous requests and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, summarize high-level information into quick and easy details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Experience and ability to document key points of user interactions in Salesforce/CRM tool for macro reporting purposes of why users contact customer success. This informs prioritization within other teams.
- Juris Doctorate
- Professional verbal and written communication skills experience
- Proven experience with legal research platforms.
- Worked in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Required to be in the Charlottesville, VA or Washington DC.
- Must be able to travel up to 50-75% of the time for the position.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs for conference travel with any necessary accommodations.
Fastcase offers a casual, collaborative work environment, and comprehensive benefits (including: Premium Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life & Accidental Death and Disability insurance, Paid time off, 401(K), and competitive salary).
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.