Fastcase, a leading legal information technology company and publisher, has relaunched the recently acquired Law Street Media (https://lawstreetmedia.com/), an online legal news platform targeted toward lawyers and law students. The site covers major state and federal litigation and industry developments with the goal of delivering high-quality news content that both informs and connects law firms with potential clients.
Law Street Media is searching for an assistant editor to join our legal news team. We report on court cases, regulatory updates, and other legal developments in the technology, agriculture, and health sectors.
The assistant editor will aid the Editor-in-Chief with the day-to-day management of a fast-paced legal news website. The ideal candidate has a strong writing and news/journalism background and embraces data-driven journalism. The ideal candidate has entry-level to 3 years of experience in journalism, with the ability to adapt to the target audience of lawyers and law firms. Assistant editors will also have the opportunity to contribute stories. Experience editing legal or business news is a plus.
- Entry to 3 years of experience in journalism, particularly editing and copy-editing.
- Experience in WordPress, Google Analytics, and other back-end website management tools a plus.
- Experience/familiarity with legal industry is a plus.
- BA/BS required.
- Savvy social media skills.
- D.C. or New York City location preferred but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Military veterans encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send a resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.