COVID-19, Work-From-Home (WFH), and remote work culture have been prime reasons to integrate e-Signature in the document workflow process. e-Signature eliminates the hassles of the conventional working process and paces up the business process.
This modernization workflow has simplified manual workflow with e-Signature for enhanced experience and productivity. It helps save time and cost of print, sign, scan, or post a document and eases the workflow. Let’s quickly understand the way this new-age Cryptacomm eSignature workflow makes the difference with the traditional approach and other existing solutions.
|Manual Workflow Process||Other Existing eSignature workflow System/s||Cryptacomm eSignature Workflow Difference|
|Complex workflow process with no defined way to get the workflow status||A little simplified process with the workflow status||Advanced automated workflow to minimize manual human intervention|
|Time-consuming customized document preparation||Lesser time required for document preparation||Reduce the document preparation Turn-Around-Time with a significant value compared to others|
|Required to draft routine documents individually for repetitive||Repetitive documents preparation takes lesser time||Built-in templates shorten the repetitive document preparation|
|Security concern during sharing for review & approval||Security concerns are there while sharing via third-party platforms||100% secured and confidentiality via built-in secured sharing capability|
|Most prone to errors and mistakes in the draft||Lesser errors in the draft yet need more intuitiveness||Minimize the errors and re-work by a significant amount|
|Delay in the approval process due to availability of respective stakeholders||Simplify the approval process, yet delay occurs due to multiple applications dependency||Built-in notification and approval process eliminate the delay and 24/7 monitor & tracking capabilities|
|Numerous Back-&-Forth email conversations||External email application required for collaboration||Built-in collaboration and communication application, no more Back-&-Forth emails|
|Document audit trail is difficult to track audit log||Third-party document audit trail, prone to the confidentiality||Improved compliance with built-in complete document audit trail|
|Risk to document damage/loss during exchange/sharing via email or any other third-party mean due to physical document exchange||No physical documents exchange, yet the risk of data integrity||100% secured against any risk of document damage/loss during exchange/sharing via email or any other third-party mean as a ‘paperless’ system|
How does e-Signature document workflow work?
e-Signature document workflow simplifies enterprises’ workflow and approval process. The basic understanding of e-Signature document workflow will give insights into workflow automation and its benefits at various levels for the organization.
- Access to documents signer – The first step is to assign and document signer access for respective document/s. Here, a secured and encrypted environment is preferable to keep the information on the document safe
- Signer authentication – Authentication of the signer, is the next thing in the document workflow; it can be verified by various authentications, including 2FA or security code via SMS. It ensures the confidentiality of sensitive documents and business operations.
- Document presentation for review – Afterward document for review is another step in the e-Signature workflow. The document for review should be shared on a platform or medium to keep business operations’ integrity
- Document upload – Sometimes, there is a need to upload some additional documents in the approval workflow. BFSI is one of the industries that required some other documents to be added before taking it further for e-Signature approval
- e-Signing the document – This step is the most vital in the e-Signature workflow approval process. Here, an e-Signature for acceptance and consent from signatories will give the final approval for the documents
- Final submission – In the final submission stage, the electronically signed documents will be shared and submitted to the relevant authority and stakeholders. A secured and encrypted environment is required to keep the information secured from any unauthorized access
In any e-Signature workflow approval process, these steps ensure the integrity, authentication, and faster process for enterprises.
How does eSignature validation work?
eSignature enables signing and approving a document by electronic means; however, the eSignature validation gives authenticity, rightfulness, and signee integrity after signing the document. This validation process verifies the signee’s identity and provides the document’s activity trail that ensures the document wasn’t altered during the exchange or sharing. A validated eSignature will give information about the signee’s name, date, and time of signing to confirm the authenticity. A typical eSignature validation process follows these steps.
- Open the signed document
- Click on the eSignature panel – ‘Signature Validation Status’
- Next is to click on the ‘Signature Properties’ window
- Select and click on ‘Signee’s Certificate’
- The ‘Certificate Viewer’ will be opened; here, click on ‘Add to Trusted Certificates’
- Then click on the ‘Validate Signature’ window, and the validation completes
- The ‘Green check’ will assure the validation completion
There are various methods to validate eSignature and its signee to authenticate the entitled authority.
|eSignature validation methods||How it works|
|Email authentication||Email to the signer with an embedded link to validate after logging in|
|SMS authentication||A unique one-time use code generated on signer’s mobile for secured authentication|
|Login credentials||Signer uses the user name and password combination to validate|
|Digital certificates||Third-party or regulatory provides digital certification to the signer with credibility authentication|
|Biometrics||Uses one of the most secured ways to validate by biometrics criteria as the face or fingerprint recognition|
|Smart cards & digital key generator||eSignature validation using the smartcard reading & its pin code or digital unique key generator|
|Secret question challenge||Signer can answer the secret question for authentication|
|Dynamic Knowledge-Based-Authentication (KBA)||Signer will get an on the fly generated MCQ to answer for validation|
Knovos’s Cryptacomm is capable of modernizing the e-Signature document workflow process. Cryptacomm has an exclusive secured platform for ‘Access to documents signer, Document presentation for review, and Final submission’ steps that give granular-based access to avoid unauthorized access. Its built-in viewer enables in-browser viewing that prevents unnecessary download, editing, printing, or sharing any sensitive document.
Cryptacomm has an embedded document repository, so no email or external sharing is required; this keeps business process integrity. Cryptacomm redefines the workflow process with its built-in e-Signature capability for enterprises of any scale.
The post How e-Signature simplifies and secures document workflow? appeared first on Knovos.