The Commission on Professionalism is pleased to announce the speaker lineup for The Future Is Now: Legal Services conference. The virtual event will be held Tuesday, April 27 – Thursday, April 29 on The Future Is Now website thefutureisnow.2civility.org.
The three-day conference will feature talks from legal industry experts and interactive townhall sessions that will provide attorneys with a roadmap for success in the changing legal profession.
Each day will explore a specific area of attorney professionalism: future law, attorney well-being, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). A breakdown of the speakers and talk titles for each day follows.
THE FUTURE OF LAWYERING I APRIL 27, 12 – 2 P.M. CDT
- Hon. Anne M. Burke, Illinois Supreme Court Chief Justice
- Jordan Furlong, Principal, Law21 I Reinventing Professional Development for Lawyers of the Future
- Caren Naidoff and Alan Press, Partners, Shire Law Group I 2021 Vision: Power Up with Technology
- Kim Bennett, Founder, K Bennett Law LLC I Amplify the Value of Your Practice for Today’s Legal Consumer
THE FUTURE OF ATTORNEY WELL-BEING I APRIL 28, 12-2 P.M. CDT
- Hon. Mary Jane Theis, Illinois Supreme Court Justice
- Brian Cuban, attorney and addiction recovery advocate I The Addicted Lawyer: Where We Are, Where We Are Headed
- Dr. Diana Uchiyama, Executive Director, Illinois LAP I The Art of Healthy Lawyering
- Tracy Kepler, Risk Control Consulting Director, CNA’s Lawyers Insurance Program I Band-Aids, Baby Steps, or Big Leaps? A Well-Being Culture Shift in Law
THE FUTURE OF DEI IN THE LEGAL PROFESSION I APRIL 29, 12 – 2 P.M. CDT
- Deanie Brown, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Illinois Courts
- Ellie Krug, Founder and President, Human Inspiration Works, LLC I Allyship for Lawyers in an Awakened America
- Rick Palmore, Senior Counsel, Dentons I The Best Talent: A Diversity & Competitive Imperative in 2021 & Beyond
- Hon. Ann Claire Williams (Ret.), Of Counsel, Jones Day I Building a Pipeline: A Focus from the Beginning
The schedule can be found here.
Registration is open. Single-day registration is available for $25. Registration for the full three days is available for the reduced rate of $50. Attendees will be provided with information about accessing the conference platform closer to the event.
1.75 hours of CLE will be awarded for each day of The Future Is Now, including 1.75 hours of diversity and inclusion CLE and 1.75 hours of mental health and substance abuse CLE. Judicial education credits will also be sought.
Register here: thefutureisnow.2civility.org/registration-2021/.
About the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism
The Illinois Supreme Court established the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism in 2005 under Supreme Court Rule 799(c) to foster increased civility, professionalism, and inclusiveness among lawyers and judges in Illinois. By advancing the highest standards of conduct among lawyers and judges, the Commission on Professionalism works to better serve clients and society alike. For more information, please visit 2Civility.org and follow us on Twitter @2CivilityOrg.
Laura Bagby, Communications Director
The post Commission Announces Speaker Lineup for The Future Is Now: Legal Services appeared first on 2Civility.